- 1.5 cup grated apples
- 1.5 tablespoons ghee
- ¼ cup sugar – adjust based on your taste – you could also experiment with jaggery powder or coconut blossom sugar for a healthier option
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg powder (optional)
- slice almonds for garnishing
Cooking time – 15 minutes. Preparation time – 10 minutes
- Wash the apples and peel them.
- Cut into slices and use a food processor to grind the apples. You can retain some smaller chunks for interesting textures
- In a pan heat ghee on medium heat. Once hot, add the apples.
- Cook the apples till all the water is evaporated – this should take you around 7-10 minutes.
- Now add sugar and mix. Also add cinnamon powder, nutmeg and cardamom powder.
- As the sugar melts, the halwa will again become liquidy.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously till all water evaporates.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and serve hot.
Let us know how the recipe worked at [email protected] !