- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin seeds*
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced into thin half moons
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- Grated cheese¼ cup fresh mint
- ⅓ cup par – boiled chickpeas
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the cumin seeds until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and crush them a bit. Add them to the bowl and stir.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, dates, cucumbers, red pepper, and parsley to the bowl and toss. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle cheese on top. Season to taste and serve.